Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Welcome to my life

So, I'm a first time blogger...don't really know how to start these things, but here I go...

I'm from a small town in Rhode Island. Rhode Island...NOT Long Island, as some people confuse us with....ya know..the smallest state with the longest name!!! By the time I was finished with high school I REALLY wanted to get out. Don't get me wrong...I love Rhode Island. I love the smell of the sea air, Ocean Drive, Del's lemonade, etc, but I could not stand what I like to call the "Island mentality." For example, I would hear people from my town say: 'What? You  mean I have to drive 45 minutes..ALL the way to Providence today!' Come on now, some people drive that distance every day, just to commute to work! Besides that, I wasn't thrilled with the fact that everyone knew everyone in my town. We always joke that if it wasn't for the Naval base, our island would be full of incest. If you are from a small place, maybe you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, passionate about Marine biology and loving the sun (and the palm trees) so much, I  moved to Florida to go to college. I have now been in Florida for 7 years, continuing my education by pursuing an Master's in Marine biology.

I'm a daughter of a very loving, compassionate, and very Catholic mother who came from a family of 10 and a father who's profession is in safety and health management. Boy, did my brother and I grow up being extra careful! LOL. I'm talking covered head to toe in pads when I went rollerblading, wearing not only a helmet, but gloves when I went for a bike ride, etc. My brother is a few years younger than me. We used to fight a lot until we got to high school, then we started to get pretty close. A lot of people tell him he looks just like my dad...sometimes he acts just like my dad too...(If you ever read this, don't get mad bro..I love you!). My brother's a smart cookie! He's about to graduate from Georgia Tech with a degree in Aerospace Engineering...yep, he definitely got the math and physics side of the brain!

Ok, so what does this have anything to do with my blog? Well, I figured you would appreciate knowing my background before reading my thoughts/comments about life and about sleeping with stilettos...
Still interested....then please, keep reading...

Until next time,
Reaching for Reefs

No comments:

Post a Comment