Wednesday, August 22, 2012

We are NEVER ever ever getting back together.....

Ok folks, so with recent events being what they are, I thought it was appropriate to title this post after Taylor Swift's new song (although it's one of her worst songs in my opinion)....

Let me enlighten you on what has happened in the last week or so:

Do you remember Andy, the Bamboo Butterfly Platform shoes? Well, I never really got around to telling you the full story on why I stopped talking to him. See, we used to get together on and off in high school when neither one of us was dating anyone and when one of us was dating someone, the other wanted to be in a relationship....it was always bad timing! When I got to college, Andy and I used to talk a lot  my freshman year, but then things started to die down as I started dating people and he went into the Marines. We were still friends though, we just didn't talk as frequently as we used to. Then I found out secondhand, through a mutual friend of ours, that Andy was engaged my sophmore year. I'll never forget that night, because I cried myself to sleep....he was my first love and I had always thought we'd end up together....me and my romantic stupor....just plain dumb!

Anyway, I called Andy to confirm what I was told and well, yes it was true. From then on things changed for me. I'm not going to go into all the details, but I tried very hard to be friends with Andy, but it just hurt too much. And then after he lied to me about having a kid and told me that he was still in love with me....well, every ounce of friendship we did have went down the drain. I told him that he was emotionally cheating on his wife and that I couldn't talk to him anymore because it brought back too  many old memories and feelings. I just couldn't be friends with him. And that's how I ended my very long relationship with Andy.

So getting back to the present, I check my school email last week, only to be surprised by an email from Andy. Now, keep in mind, he and I haven't seen each other since senior year of high school or maybe the beginning of my freshman year of college, we haven't done anything physically since high school, he has been married for at least 7 years, and he has two children now.

This is what he wrote:
Hey,

  I know that this comes off as probably the single most creepy thing in the world right now but I have been contemplating on emailing you and somehow getting in touch with you for a while now. I know that I have hurt you immensely and I think that I am beginning to understand the pain you felt. I am not trying to bring up sore subjects and I apologize for this. I do not know what is going on right now but I feel that I need to do this. I am sure that you are very happy and content with your life and how is has turned out. I do not even know if any of this makes sense. I think that I may have a lot of time on my hands while sitting in Afghanistan or it could be that I am just messed up. I wish that you would at least let me know what you think...I have a strong feeling that you hate me and I don't blame you if you do. I guess when it comes down to it I really don't know what I am trying to say here other than I am sorry and I hope that this finds you in good sprits and health. I hope I am not freaking you out by this and if I am I apologize. If you want please email me back even if it's..."you are a fucking creep leave me alone!" If not that is alright I guess. I hope you are doing well...

Andy

You can guess, I didn't write him back! First of all, he's married. Second of all, no this is just weird. But I did feel a little bit bad, because he sounds really really desperate....like something's not going right for him. Maybe it's because he's on his 5th tour to Afghanistan and is still what people consider a "grunt." Idk...but his email sounded so bad. I actually called the friend of ours who's also in the Marines and told him to please check up on him. But as for me, it's best for me to not get involved.

So then this week, I'm happily facebook stalking people ;)  when I look at my friend request box. Who is is, but Scuzzy! Remember him....the guy I lost my virginity to who I thought I loved, but in retrospect it was really lust, never love....

What is it with exes? It's like they can smell when you are happy and they just want to ruin it! lol. I mean, here I am, content and everything, and BAM within a span of two weeks I have two different exes trying to make contact with me....really?  There's a reason that you are an ex!!

And so, to end this post, I again quote Taylor Swift's horrible song:

 We are never ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me (talk to me)
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together

I used to think that we were forever ever
And I used to say, "Never say never..."
Huh, so he calls me up and he's like, "I still love you,"
And I'm like... "I just... I mean this is exhausting, you know, like,
We are never getting back together. Like, ever"

No!, We are NEVER ever ever ever getting back together!

Until Next Time,
Reaching for Reefs 

No comments:

Post a Comment