Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Date Since Roberto

Well, tonight I went on my first date since Roberto and I split up (who I will be discussing in later posts).

This guy, who I will not be giving a name, because right now I don't know if he'll be making it into my memoirs of men, was really nice. He's a sous chef going to graduate school for hospitality and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He wasn't too bad looking either, contrary to his pictures of plenty of fish (POF)....He had those blue eyes I love! :)

Anyway, we had a great conversation, talked about a whole bunch of things....and when he asked me earlier to go on a second date, I said yes. I definitely had a good time. We even discussed how we both disliked the honey moon phase, which I have discussed earlier in my posts....how we both just want to be real with our dates, not find out 4 months down the road that they didn't really like the activities we were into, or something like that. We also discussed how the last part of the night is the most awkward part. You can talk all night long, but standing in the parking lot trying to figure out if we should kiss each other, maybe just kiss each other on the cheek, or maybe just hug it out....but then again, the thought of "I don't want him to think I don't want to kiss him, but maybe if I kiss him that's moving too fast for me"... Eventually, we hugged it out!

The only thing that's bugging me is that I didn't feel the same way when I left this date as I did when Roberto and I had our first date. Maybe I have this hyped up version of a first date in my head....like an expectation now, because Roberto and I had the perfect first date...down to the food, wine, and conversation. There was an automatic spark between Roberto and I...I knew pretty much mid-date that Roberto and I were going to date and for a long time. Now, I'm not saying that won't happen with this new guy, but when I drove home, I just didn't feel that immediate reaction, like "Yes, this is definitely going to work out. We are compatible."

Is this normal to feel this way? I laughed and I joked on the date...I had a good time...Am I just not ready to dip my toes into the dating pool yet? Or maybe I'm just over-reacting....

I did agree to another date with him. Wonder what will happen next time....

Oh well, Que sera, sera...whatever will be, will be...the future's not ours to see, Que sera, sera! (Yes, I love old Rosemary Clooney songs...reminds me of my grandmother!)

If you have advice, suggestions, etc comment please! :)

Until Next Time,
Reaching for Reefs

No comments:

Post a Comment