Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I want a story to tell!

First of all, I don't know what's up with me, but the last couple of nights I haven't been able to get to bed early and ya know, instead of putting that energy to good, productive use, like writing papers that are due at the end of the semester, I've been doing things like baking, decorating my house for Halloween (which by the way...looks KICK ASS!), and now writing to you all...my favorite past time when it comes to procrastination!

Well, moving on....tonight I had an awesome friend date with Steph! We went to go see the Rom Com "What's your number?" (a movie which I can completely relate to!).  I am such a sap...one of my ex's used to poke fun at me, because whenever he called me up I'd either be watching a romantic comedy or watching the Disney channel...whatever! Maybe I'm a little bit cliche when it comes to my choice in movies, but it's not like I don't enjoy other genres....I just have a tendency to want to flip on the tv, curl up in my bed, and watch something sweet, sappy, and sometimes something that's uplifting! 

Anyway, "What's my number?" got me thinking....I know movies are movies and things never happen the way they do in them, but I really hope I have a good story to tell about how I met my husband! I want a story like my mom and dad's....my dad calling my mom's company, about to chew them out for mislabeling chemicals they sent to his company, my mom calming him down, my dad liking the sound of my mom's voice, which led to a whole year of talking on the phone over lunch breaks until they finally decided to meet up! Then my mom was so nervous she told my dad one of her sister's had blue hair and blonde eyes! And my dad knew after the second date that he was going to marry my mom....

Do this instances still exist? Do people have good stories to tell? This is one of the reasons why I think I may be over the online dating thing, besides meeting a bunch of weirdos....Do I really want to tell my children that I met their father online?

No, no, no! I want something bigger and better to happen....for instance, like being in the pet store buying something for my kitten, when I bump into someone, because I was in a rush and wasn't paying attention....my bag of cat food breaks and spills all over the place, we both bend down to pick it up, and I look up into his beautiful blue eyes and he asks if I'm ok and I say, "Yes, thank you" and one thing leads to another and he asks me out on a date (I know, I know...so cheesy and cliche, but whatever...this is my daydream damn it and I can have whatever I want happen in it!). 

Or maybe I'm out in a park running on a trail...Wait! Who am I kidding...ME? RUNNING?! hahaha....let's see...no what about me kayaking in a park, enjoying a nice day on the water with a good friend, when we both get stuck in the mud (We didn't plan our trip very well according to the tides)....we try to push and push with our paddles, but no such luck. We get out and try some more, but our legs keep getting sucked down into the nasty clay-mud combination. Then two guys round the corner, notice we are having trouble, and offer to help us and our kayaks out of the mud. After we are free, we have a good laugh, because both my friend and I look savage...leaves and twigs in our hair, mud all over...like we've been mud wrestling! We all get to talking, decide to return our kayaks to the rental station, wash up, and get some grub because we are starving after our little adventure!

I don't know if that will ever happen....maybe how I meet my future husband will be boring, but knowing me...probably not! It may not happen any time soon, but I just hope when I meet him I get this overwhelming feeling; the feeling that I know he's meant for me....like my dad got on his second date with my mom!

Well, pleasant dreams everyone!

Until Next Time,
Reaching for Reefs

No comments:

Post a Comment